Start with the outcome in mind. Early planning and setting requirements help the development process proceed more predictably and reduces development costs.
Project and Risk Management Process
Our project management happens seamlessly with little overhead as we plan, create, review and refine a solution interactively with our clients. We report weekly on progress and have regular informal and formal meetings between designers and management as required by decisions and schedule. Our Experience Guides the Process. For all projects we follow a path of gates that ensure high priority decisions are made before moving on to further development.
Our project management process can be modified to suit smaller projects for inventors and Start-Ups. We introduce more involved project management tools for larger corporations when there are more complex technical requirements, layers of reporting structure and greater product and project magnitude.
We Follow a Process
Our four step project management process includes project planning and regular design reviews and client management reviews at the end of each step.
- Business targets are set, market priorities are understood
- Product Requirements clear, high risks identified, product cost estimated and Design Brief created
- Concept Design and Hypothesis Verification
- Detailed Engineering Development
- Engineering Prototype build, evaluate, refine and creation of Manufacturing Documentation
- Design for Manufacture review, part and final assembly supplier selection and formal quotations
- Bill of Materials finalization, documentation and Engineering Change Control methodology begins
- Tooling creation, part and product verification, QA criteria definition, documentation revisions
- Beta trials, pre-production pilots and General Availability manufacturing launch