Start with the outcome in mind. Early planning and setting requirements help the development process proceed more predictably and reduces development costs.
Strategic Project Management
Our project management happens seamlessly with little overhead as we plan, create, review and refine a solution with our clients. For all projects, we follow a path of four gates that ensure high priority decisions are made first before moving on to further development.
And depending on your needs we can modify the project management strategy to achieve both risk mitigation and development speed. Weekly you will receive reports on process and interact directly with our senior development team. This ensures your projects moves smoothly through to production.
Video:How we work with you.
We Follow a Process
Our four step project management process includes project planning and regular design reviews and client management reviews at the end of each step.
- Business targets are set, market priorities are understood
- Product Requirements clear, high risks identified, product cost estimated and Design Brief created
- Concept Design and Hypothesis Verification
- Detailed Engineering Development
- Engineering Prototype build, evaluate, refine and creation of Manufacturing Documentation
- Design for Manufacture review, part and final assembly supplier selection and formal quotations
- Bill of Materials finalization, documentation and Engineering Change Control methodology begins
- Tooling creation, part and product verification, QA criteria definition, documentation revisions
- Beta trials, pre-production pilots and General Availability manufacturing launch
Early Stage Competitive-Complimentary-Comparative Information Gathering
With your guidance we compile direct competitive product knowledge, similar products and useable features and information from complimentary products. This helps focus the design team during your new product design concept definition stage. We can also provide a formal product concept investigation (PCI) report.
- Understand the User
- Observation, Strategic Roadmaps, Comparative Study, Task Analysis, Interviews, Use Scenarios
- Software models, Task Simulation, Usability Tests, Activity metrics and Process
- Competitive analysis, Benchmarking, Trends, Key Components, Costs, Risks, Brand, Portfolio view
- Manufacture, Distribute, Sell, Install, Use, Maintain, Retire
- Safety, Regulatory, environmental and Internal performance targets and requirements
Activities during the Creative Solution Stage
- Sketch, CAD, Simulations, Models, Prototype, Check, Test, Verify, Revise
- Prepare all details to produce product in volume production